We went down for a wedding of a mission companion that Jared had trained, we got to go to the sealing, which was very special since their mission president was the sealer. It was a beautiful wedding.
This is Jared and one of his mission companions, Brian Mealander. This was the big tree in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
These two were takin just beside Assmbly Hall, just with diffent settings, in real life it was more like the bottom picture. Temple Square really was beautiful!
I felt very lucky to be able to go down, we were able to do a session at the Salt Lake City Temple, which was a very nice experiance, and we got to see temple square all light up for christmas! It was absolutly stunning, I'm sad I don't have more pictures. But I will add a couple on here. We got to see my Aunt Lori and Uncle Bryan. Also many of Jareds mission companions, and we got to spend some time with Larry.
Larry is a pretty awsome guy, He was one of Jared's favorite companions, and I got to meet him when he came up for our wedding last year. He was our best man at out wedding. He is so spiritual, and has an awsome sense of humor, and has some awsome stories. But we love spending time with him, especially since we live far apart, it is good times when we get to see him.
So once we got back from Utah we spent one night in our own bed then headed up to Claresholm on Christmas eve, and we stayed there until the 28th. Christmas was really good. This was my first Christmas from home, and wasn't all that bad, diffrent traditions and what not, but definantly not bad. There wasn't alot of the family there until boxing day, and then they didn't seem to leave. But it was fun, Jared's mom got a cute little puppy, which seemed to be the highlight.
After Christmas I headed up to Edmonton with Rob (Jared's brother), and Jared went back to Lethbridge to work for a few days, but he came up to Edmonton on the 31st to spend New Years with me and my family. It was so fun Robyn was home from Toronto and so the three girls and my mom went shopping, and cooked up a storm for New Years, we had lots of fun together, definantly a New Years not forgotten.
While up in Edmonton I got to go to Desiree (Woodruff) Kastendeick (sorry if the spelling is wrong, I'll work on it) sealing. Which was also spectacular! She married an awsome guy and we are very happy for them!
So that sums up the end of 08' and begining of 09' for us. I am very happy to be in my own bed now after three weeks of foriegn beds, and a lot of time spent in the car! We are back to reality and school. Which Jared starts his first official day on Thursday! We are excited for all the adventures that lie ahead of us in 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment