16 August 2012

still here... 39 weeks

Sorry for the lapse in posts, especially being this far along.
But we are all here, just playing the waiting game. I've not had much to post about as we really haven't had the most eventful summer. And I'm pretty sure I am determined not to be pregnant next summer (or any summer ever again if I can help it) for sure because this one has been the pits to say the least. I have missed our usual camping, hiking, travelling, biking, swimming, ect. Perhaps pregnancy is a poor excuse for not being able to do these things, but it's my excuse so whatever...

So here I am at 39 weeks.

         with Magoo.      


Not too much difference if you ask me. Even my hair color is pretty much the same... how boring am I!

But I did have a docs appointment on Tuesday and I was measuring around the 37 week mark for fundal height, which really I wasn't worried about because 1) it's just an estimate 2) I didn't get much bigger than the 37 week measurement with Magoo... 
anyways my doc decided she wanted to check the fluid levels anyways so she sent me for an ultrasound Wednesday morning. Of course I never mind taking a peek inside at me little baby so I was in! 

Even though we didn't get a good look at her face or really anything, and it was pretty quick, it was the best ultrasound I've had. The reason why we didn't get a good look at her features was because she is so big in there and her head is in my pelvis so it's hard to see anything overly specific.

But there was a tv on the wall that I could seeA that showed the tech's screen the whole time! Normally I don't get to see whats going on until the tech has checked the important stuff and then they let you see the face, and whatever else. Plus this tech was super about giving information, she told me how they check fluid levels, and what important things they check for in the baby (like the motion of breathing) and she was just super duper, my kinda ultrasound tech. 

And the ultrasound was just the pick-me-up I needed to help me get through the next 1-2 weeks... or atleast the next week, after that who knows what kinda preggo beast I'm going to become...haha. Let's just hope I have a good docs appt next week, cause this past one was a downer as far as progression goes. 

Who knows maybe the next time I post I'll have a new baby to show y'all... 

1 comment:

Kamry Low said...

Oh so close! You really look awesome