So I started school 3 weeks ago, just at a little private collage, called Reeves Collage, here in Lethbbrige. It's a Doctors Office Assistants couse, it takes 8 months the complete, and is freakin expensive. The course goes in moduels and so new student don't have to wait for a new semester, they can kinda jump in at the start of a new module.
So I started the week that keyboarding started. Which was so easy I just relearned of to type properly (like the whole home row thing), and it was easy piezy! At the beggining test we were tested how fast we could type, and by the end of the week we had to either be able to type 50wpm or 10wpm faster than at the beggining of the week. They didn't make sure we were in home row or anything! It was a joke to say the least. It was easy to get 10 faster, and I was the most improved of the calss, I mean when thats all you do all week, I would hope one would improve! At the beggining of the week I was typing 26wpm (slow) and by the end of the week I was at 41wpm. I was feeling pretty good by the end of the first week.
Well I can't say the same for the past 2 weeks. We started up MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY!!! I kinda learned french in elementry, and Jared tried to teach me some danish, but I don't have much luck with remembering new languages, I have a really hard time with it actually, usually get really irritated with the fact that I can't remember things I learned an hour ago, and I eventually give up! Well medical terminology is a whole language in itself!
So as you can suspect I've been pretty frustrated, and sinc the course i so short we go through the modules rather quickly. Like a chapter a day, and three chapters a week. Monday-Wednesday we learn stuff, Thursday is all review and Friday is the test. And they are half days, and we use the same books nurses use... so it's a little intense, atleast if you ask me.
This will be the last week of teminology and hopefully the next module will be alittle less stressfull on my brain.
There have been a few times where I considered dropping out and working at Safeway, but then I remember I have been counceled to get an education if I could, and I figure now is a good time while we don't have any children.
I can do this, i can make it through this and have an excellent job in the end. I do have the brain capacity to learn all of this!
I feel I repeat these words to myself often...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, you CAN do this and you're right- there's no better time than RIGHT NOW to do it. How's it going anyways?
Post a Comment