So the night we camped at Bryce Canyon we didn't do any hiking into the great vastness of Hoodoos, and I really wasn't feeling all that great that night so I don't think I really saw what was before me. But going back through the pictures I am getting a different perspective of it, and some time I will go back to explore them and better appreciate them, because they are more beautiful than I think I originally felt.
This was a quote at one of the look outs. I could not have said it better:
"There are deep caverns and rooms resembling ruins of prisons, castles, churches with their guarded walls, battlements, spires, and steeples, niches and recesses, presenting the wildest and most wonderful scene that the eye of man ever beheld, in fact, its one of the wonders of the world." -T.C. Bailey, Land Survey 1876
And truly if you looked indeed you could see city walls with little buildings in them. Enjoy the pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment