09 June 2010

Slot Canyons

Day 2, the slot canyons. There are so many pictures of this day to choose from. I hope to pic a few good ones that will give you an idea of what we experienced.

It was so hot out side of the canyons that day Jared kept making sure I was getting water so I wouldn't get heat stroke, one of my moms expressed concerns to me before we headed to Utah.

I don't know how this hunk wore jean pants that day, I had suggested he ware shorts that day but he choose to roast instead.


So there are lots of canyons in the area we went but we only went in two of them, we went in through the front of the one called "Spooky" and out the front of the one called "Peek-a-Boo".

Spooky... I found it more narrow than the other canyon. Lots of twists and turns, through out the year there are flash floods that bring rocks into the canyon that we had to manoeuvre around and over. Hopefully you get some of the effect in the next few pics.






Peek-a-Boo...
This canyon was quite a bit wider that Spooky.




This is Larz, Jared and Larz did some dune jumping and Larz had attempted to wash the sand off his face... he almost got it...

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Lyndi, these pics are so cool. I don't think I could have handled going through those tiny spaces -- too claustrophobic!! That picture of you going under the rock made me gasp so hard I started choking.

Hey, congratulations on your pregnancy, by the way! Too cool!!