The missionaries were saying that during the week around Christmas they hardly have any appointments, with or without members of the church, which surprised me. We always had the missionaries in our home around Christmas when we were growing up, they just help bring the right spirit into the home. I love the sacrifice missionaries make for two years, it never ceases to impress me.
This year Jared and I kept it simple, no big gifts, I just got a few things for our stocking and that was all the money we really spent other than presents for the siblings we drew in our family. We didn't even get anything for Mr.Magoo, we figured we just bought him a package of diapers before Christmas, and the Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles would cover the rest just fine.
We spent Christmas with Jared's family this year, and it was great, it has been a little overwhelming at times with a one month old who seemed to have gotten very fussy since being here (thank goodness for patient grandparents!) plus ALOT of noisy nieces and nephews. My best present this year I think has truly been that I could spend so much time with family. Yes, it is not home and things aren't always ideal, but look I have time to write a blog post while Far Mor (Scandinavian for Grandma) keeps my fussy boy content, some what.
Little Mr.Magoo really got spoiled even though he didn't receive anything from his cheap parents. Lots of clothes and toys and books. And his parents got pretty spoiled too even though they were not expecting it. Gift cards and sweaters along with a couple other things, plus things for their little guy which really makes me most happy.
Here are just a couple pictures of Christmas morning. I wish we would have taken a few more but we are bad at remembering to take pictures.
Me with sleeping Magoo, and Jared's sister and her (now) fiance, they just got engaged last night! Yay for weddings.
Mr.Magoo in his Christmas PJ's that Far Mor got for him, and I think they are so cute on him, I do love him in green.
So we will head to my parents house for New Years, wish us luck in the drive, hopefully we get Sleepy Magoo for the drive and not Fussy Magoo. I am so excited to see and spend time with my side of the family, I think that since having a baby I have felt so cooped up and somewhat isolated just cause I think going very many places for long periods of a time doesn't seem like that much of an option, or they just take a lot of extra planning.
I hope everyone else had an excellent Christmas with fond memories, I know this one will be one to for the good memory bank for me.
1 comment:
Keeping it simple for Christmas -- that's the best! And good for you for having the missionaries over so often. You're little Magoo is adorable. Hope to see you all in S.P. this weekend.
Post a Comment