When we left on the 15th it was a last minute decision as we were suppose to leave early on the 16th. But we thought maybe the drive would be easier if Magoo slept while we drove. So we left Regina at 10pm and got to my parents house at 4am (which was really 5am in Regina)... and Mr.Magoo didn't sleep like we thought he would. So Jared got about 3 hours of sleep and I got about 45min. Good thing G-Lo was happy to watch him in the morning while we slept in a little longer. I still felt sooo tired all day.
Oh ya and we didn't tell my family we were going to come in the night either. And when we got there I had forgotten that they had a new lock box for the spare key and I had also forgotten the code for it, good thing my bro Dallin responded to my texts and was able to get me in the house. But neither of my parents woke up when we clamoured through the house at four in the morning, making our way to the basement. Mr. Magoo even shouted right outside their door and it didn't wake them up. So if you ever need a place to rob in the middle of the night... I mean that's a bad idea... anyways needless to say they were all surprised when we crawled upstairs at 7 in the morning for breakfast.
We spent the week there plus Christmas and we had a great time, not too many pictures, I'll just share some of my favourite.
Nana Jo got Magoo a suit, he looks so handsome in it!
Magoo's 'Bates' cousins came to visit and we had so much fun with them.
My little gamer...
Showing off our muscles.
On Christmas Eve when all went outside and played and quads and sleds since it was so beautiful out.
The first Saturday we were there we went to our 'van Bruggen' annual Christmas Party and we had so much fun. Lots of family and LOTS of food! There were some great talents shared and a white elephant exchange and to top it all off Santa came to visit. I am hoping to find some pictures from that night and then I will add them later.
Also during the week we did lots of shopping and I even got to go to the gym with my two sisters. What power houses. We had so much fun together and of course as a reward for hard work we ate some good food and bought some new clothes!
I also got to talk to my brother Riley who is on his mission in Madagascar for the LDS Church it was so good to hear his voice. He has been going through some difficulties but is hoping that once the holidays come to a close people will be more interested in the gospel. We continually pray for him while he goes to do a marvellous work.
On boxing day we headed south for the New Year with Jared's family, details and pictures to come in the next post.




No comments:
Post a Comment