19 January 2012

To The Elephant who wasn't.

So I was looking through the years past in my blog and I realized that I have never done a post for my Dad on his Birthday, I have done lots about my Mom. So today will be a post about my Dad, cause he deserve a mention on here.

I don't even know where to begin. He is the most hard working man I know and very dedicated to his family. He loves all of his kids a lot, and makes sure we know it. 


 This was taken near Banff, AB. My Dad always made sure we had a least on family vacation a year and would work really hard to make it happen (with my Mom's help of course). But for many years he would take us all skiing in the mountains for a whole week. And we have lots of good memories from that.


The week after Magoo was born it was snowing a lot in Edmonton, which meant Dad (and Riley) would have to wait to come visit (or at least thats what he let me think). Well Robyn, Emily, Dallin showed up at my door as expected and then a few minutes later my door bell rang again and there was Dad and Riley! They had found someone to do the walks while it snowed so they could come down with everyone else and surprise me, it was so nice and I really appreciated that my whole family was there to see my new treasure.


 My Dad LOVES Mr.Magoo, and I have a feeling they will have a special connection forever. He is so good with him always willing to hold him, or play with him.

 I so appreciate the fact that my Dad has a lot to teach my children and that he is willing to take the time to teach. That's what Grandpa's are for.

 This is my Dad's immediate family. He is the youngest. I love these people too.
 And this is my Dad with his brother-in-laws. They all get along really well, and I know my Dad appreciates them too. He's always been very big on family and the importance of them. He's always made sure we knew our Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. Because in the end that is what eternity is all about.
 My Dad is so fun, and growing up would always be the first to jump on a roller coaster or take us skating or paint balling, or whatever our hearts desired (until I wanted to go skydiving, for some reason he wasn't very fond of that adventure...haha)


Like I said my Dad is so good with Mr.Magoo. We call him G-Lo (short for Grandpa Logan) in our house. And since Magoo was little G-Lo would often make an Elephant sound and so now if you say the word 'G-Lo' or ask Magoo what G-Lo says, or if he sees a picture of G-Lo, he will make an Elephant sound. So know G-Lo will forever be part Elephant to us too, haha.

Honestly though I love my Dad a whole bunch and I'm sure he knows that. Happy Birthday! Only one more year till the big Five 'O!


1 comment:

Kamry Low said...

what a great post! i';ve always loved your dad and you can really tell how much he loves his kids and even his kids friends! such a great guy. love all th ephoto, especially the one of mr.magoo asleep sitting up while being held by your dad. great post.