11 July 2011

On the Hunt...

I am totally feeling the crunch to find a place to live these days. This weekend they took some people through our suite and about an hour after they left my management company called to thank me for letting them come last minute (even while Magoo was napping) and that they signed the papers! Ah, I really have to move now, crap!

Today I started packing some boxes of crap. I have to give myself a limit or I would have everything packed by the end of the week for sure. My only problem now is we still don't have a place to live yet. My biggest downfall was going to Edmonton the last week of June/ first week of July and not hunting very often.

These days I call a certain complex that we really want to get into daily and I look online at least 2 times a day. I also message like everything that sounds remotely big enough for us and at least have a telephone conversation and if they sound decent I get a friend of mine who lives in Regina to go take a look at it for me, which I totally appreciate her doing that. Thanks Tara.

This past Saturday I phoned a guy about a basement suite that sounded so good and they had good pictures up, our conversation was going so well and I was about ready to go wire him some money with out having Tara go look at the place and then I asked how big it was and he told me and then was like "why, how many people would be in it?" so I told him "me, my husband, and our very small 7 month boy, who doesn't really need too much room." and he was like "oh, there would be a child..." immediately my heart dropped and the weight was then put completely back down on my shoulders.

Honestly people if you don't want kids in your place put it in your ad, but really kids need places to live to, freakin stupid heads. Needless to say after telling him to have a good day and hanging up I cried, twice. But I am feeling good this week, I will find a place before we have to go. And if not at least we have a tent? (and really good family who will be taking us in if we actually to find a place in time).

No comments: