04 September 2012

Our newest addition.

This is going to be a quick post with not too much detail, but a lot of pictures. My next post will be the birth story, but I just don't have time right now. 

On August 31 we added a little girl to our family and we couldn't be more in love. Once again I will not be putting her name up on this blog but will have a nickname for her, I am thinking Miss Molly (feel free to comment and leave thoughts/suggestions on that one) but don't feel completely settled on it so perhaps by the next post I will have a for sure "blog name" for her.

Born: August 31 at 3:14am
Weight: 8 pounds 7 ounces
Length: 20 1/2 inches
She had passed meconium in the womb so she came out looking a little green, especially her hair...yum.
Our first meeting.

Daddy's first meeting.


so happy... it's over! haha.


 Their first meeting.
Kisses. which would become more and more kisses.

this is good.

first family of 4 picture (sorry Jared). Not the best but it's all we got. Next week we will have a professional taking some.

do you see that nail!? she had others like it. How did she not claw her way out earlier?


after her bath. I think she looks so long. 
My other baby (Mr.Magoo) was only 18 inches long, I didn't think it would make such a difference.

Going home, we only stayed at the hospital for about 20 hours. That includes assessment and labour.

Magoo woke up and wasn't so sure about her anymore. We are only having minor jealousy issues.

Flowers from my Babies Daddy.

So she does have hair... she just likes the mullet look. I can just about get that thing in a ponytail!

I'm just gonna say right here that he is TOTALLY in love with this girl. They already have a special bond that can only be had between a girl and her Daddy.

She loved her first bath, until I took her out.

Did I mention the love? He has a claim on her and the day any boy can convince him to let it go a little would be a huge miracle, good thing for now that is a long, long way down the road.  

My Mom is here for the week, which I am so grateful for. The first couple nights were pretty rough and I really only got 3-4 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. But last night she woke up only every couple hours and even had a 3 hours stretch in there, so I am feeling pretty good, for now. Although I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to nap! 

She is nursing like a champ, this being my second baby and knowing a little more what I need to do and look out for is really helping with that. And since my milk has come in she is also pooping like a champ, I forgot how much newborns poop...
and not that this will matter to too many people I just feel like pumping my self up a little. but I gained around 27 pounds this pregnancy and it hasn't even been a week and I am already down 20! I give the credit to nursing, it's awesome. Although I should say too that I have a lot more than just 7 pounds to get down to my preMagoo baby weight, but I wont tell you how much. haha.

There you have it, Birth story will be sometime in the future...


3 comments:

Leah Karch said...

Congrats Lyndi!!! She is SERIOUSLY ADORABLE!!!!! I am so happy for you that you have a little girl.....I love having my girl!! All the best!

Krista said...

Wow, her eyes are so big and bright! And get thumb nail so long!! Haha! And she is long! (She's also exactly the same weight as Thatcher was, fun fact for the day) and Finn was the same length and I still can't get over how long he seems even though it is just an inch or two more than my others! So I get that! Wow, so fun. Congratulations and can't wait to hear and see more! Especially for you managed to escape the hospital so fast!?

Dixie said...

Congrats! She is ADORABLE!!