29 September 2012

Sibling Comparison.

Thought it would be fun to do a little comparison between Magoo and Stitch. We have been told lots that Stitch is Magoo's double. I do see some similarities, but I also see alot different. Personally I think she looks more like me and Magoo definitely looks more like Jared. But I'll let you decide for your self.

(For all the pictures to come Magoo will be first and Stitch second)

 hours old: eyes open
 hours old: eyes closed

 about 1 week old:
 

a couple weeks old:



Man, Magoo had tons of hair. And stitch has more than it seems, it just is all in the back. ha. 
Heres some differences I've noticed so far.

1. Magoo was an intense cluster feeder, sometimes I would sit there for 2 hours going back and forth trying to satisfy his hunger. Stitch is sometimes good after one side and then will sleep for a couple hours.

2. Magoo cried more, Stitch rarely cries and is pretty easy to calm down.

3. Magoo took to a soother really quickly, Stitch will take one on rare occasions.

4. Magoo is a boy. Stitch is a girl. haha.

5. Stitch has the "Van Bruggen" droopy eye. Magoo doesn't
(See picture below. I took this the other morning. When I'm really tired my one eye is a lot more closed than the other, naturally. My Mom's eyes do the same thing. This is the droopy eye)

6. Overall Stitch is a much more content baby than Magoo was. Hopefully it lasts.

7. Stitch has always loved the bath, even the first bath (at home) was a hit. Magoo took some getting used to the bath before he really enjoyed it. 

8. Magoo rarely puked after feedings. Stitch often pukes, well I guess spits up milk when she burps. 

9. Stitch poos ALOT. I don't honestly remember how much Magoo poo'ed as a baby, but I swear it wasn't this much. She is a super pooper! 

One day she'll really love that last point being all over the internet...

I think that being a second time Mom has it's perks. I am a million times more laid back this time around and it makes such a difference. I think it even effects my milk supply in a positive way. Perhaps thats why Stitch pukes and poops as much as she does, cause I got more than she needs. 

The one thing I can't really compare with my two babies is the love I feel for them. I feel the same intense amount of love for each of them. It is a feeling I cannot put into words. It amazes me. 
One of the best parts about it all is that I better understand the love my own parents have for me, my childhood, my parents strengths and weaknesses, and their relationships with each of their children. And my respect and appreciation has grown for them. So thanks Mom and Dad, I think we'll keep ya around. haha.

I am trying to wrangle up some baby pictures of Jared and I hopefully next post will be a family comparison. Stay tuned!




1 comment:

Dixie said...

Your babies DO look a lot alike. And both so adorable! Have fun with them!