20 October 2012

A Blessed Weekend

Last weekend was pretty awesome. I had been looking forward to it since we had Stitch. And now that it's passed it went way too quickly. We had family come to visit us for Stitch's Blessing. And it was so nice to have them here if only for a couple days. But I seriously miss them already and am trying not to count down the days till we are back in Alberta, for Christmas.

*warning: pictures overload. Some have been on Instagram and FaceBook, so some of you may recognize some of the pictures.

My parents and sister Arrived in town on Friday night. We kept Magoo up just to see them.


Saturday Morning we headed to the park. It was pretty darn cold out, but this was definitely one of my most favourite activities of the weekend.
 I love how my parents are so willing to play and have fun!
My Mom didn't think I could do the monkey chain things. I could, with a baby wrapped to my body. Booya.
 
Playing in the leaves and going shopping was our afternoon activity.
Dinner at AppleBees. Not the best restaurant in my opinion, but they had no wait and are super kid friendly. So they win.

Aunt Em's whipped up some super tasty and lovely cupcakes for Sunday. 

And Jared's sister Melissa and her husband got into town on Saturday night. Once again Magoo stayed up way past his bedtime...


Sunday morning getting ready.

Arriving at the church. I was SUPER tired. and had gotten very little sleep all weekend. 

I got little Stitch ready at the church so there would be less of a chance of her getting dirty before the blessing. 


     
 I absolutely love her dress. My Mom found in in Utah while she was there this summer.



It was kind of a neat feeling as I got her ready to be blessed by her Father. I felt privileged to be her Mom, truly I am blessed to have her. I am so grateful for the spirit she brings into our home, she is such a happy girl, always full of smiles. Jared gave her a beautiful blessing. She will be a great example to those around her as she grows. We love you so much Stitch!

1 comment:

Desirée Kastendieck said...

What a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad there were so many blessings surrounding her blessing weekend. :) I'm sad I missed out.