11 August 2011

almost done Catching Up: Week 2, The Bates Reunion

Alright so after our exciting weekend with The Hamon clan we headed to Calgary for one night and stayed with Adam, Erin, and Teya (Jared's sister and family) we decided to stop at Cross Iron Mills and met up with Robyn and Bevan (my sister and her hubby) and we by chance ran into Colter and Karmyn and their little kiddies (my brother and his family). So we all grabbed some ice-cream together!

At the Bass Pro Shop Corner store(or whatever it's called).
from left to right: Karmyn with child #4 in her belly, Bevan holding Magoo, Jared, Me, Robyn and Payton (Robs was so worried about Payton getting ice-cream in her hair I don't think she stayed up there very long) and then Kendal and Hesston on the bottom. Colter took the picture.

After some laundry and some sleep in Calgary we were next headed to Elk Water, Alberta in Cypress Hills (yay! closer to my final destination!) Me and Magoo took the car and Jared took his motor bike ( he burnt his hands on the ride cause he wore his jacket and not his gloves and it was really quite sunny out that day, haha).

It was lots of fun with the Bates extended family. It was held at the Girl Guide facility in Elk Water, it was a perfect spot. The theme was Survivor this year so each family got a colour and bandanas, ours was Yellow, and we painted posters (I wish I had gotten a picture...) and we played lots of games, and went to the beach and ate Lots of Food!

Here are some pictures:

Haha! I don't think either are very impressed.

Magoo on a hike, we forgot his hat so we just tied one of our bandanas around his head, it was great and he looked to cute!

At one point some one gave him flowers (I want to say it was Riley) but he carried them the whole hike and never dropped them.

My awesome sister Emily did this 3 times that week (put him to sleep) she rocks my socks!


The next two are of us at the beach...



And my Dad with all his brother in laws (my dad grew up with 3 sisters and no brothers, lucky guy!) they had to eat three cherries out of a pan of whipped cream without their hands, what good sports!

Seriously it was so nice to be able to see cousins and Aunts and Uncles, I always enjoy getting together. And the nice thing too was that my entire immediate family was able to make it this year. Next reunion is in 3 years, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Your little Magoo is such a cute kiddo. I love the picture of him wearing the headband with the ribbons, he's so sweet he could pass for a little girl.